Not so long ago, Joomla released the new version Joomla 3.0 that made the great resonance among Joomla based website runners. The question bothering almost everyone is whether to Upgrade Joomla 2.5 to 3.0 or leave the site as it is. In this post, we’ll try to address this dilemma.
What are the reasons for migrate Joomla 2.5 to 3.0?
- security improvements
- new features
- bug fixes
Still, there is a lot to be said before you make the final decision. Let’s review the privileges of the new Joomla 3.0 version in question.
What you Might Get with Joomla 3.0?
- Mobile Responsive Tool With Joomla 3.0, you’ll be able to perform your website management “on-the-go” with you mobile device. It means you’ll be able to manage the website running on your mobile as well as your users will totally enjoy the look of your site on any portable device.
- Article Manager Improvement Joomla 3.0 features its advanced article manager toolbar with new options available and better defined icons.
- Automated Users Group Organization From now on the “guest” level group organization is available by default.
- Total Improvement In general, Joomla 3.0 comprises a variety of innovations, but mind that until well tested, they might not work out as well as expected.
Things to Consider Before You Migrate Joomla 2.5 to 3.0
Certainly, new Joomla version looks good. However, before you make a final decision, there are a few things you need to pay close attention to. Make sure that the upgraded Joomla version of the site will definitely satisfy you and meet your needs.
- Support The first thing you have to admit that Joomla 3.0 is a short term support version and soon you would have to upgrade again to Joomla 3.5.
- Available Extensions Before the update, check up your Joomla 2.5 extensions in order to make sure that your old extensions will be supported after the site update Joomla 2.5 to 3.0. Otherwise, you might end up lacking the necessary functionality for your website.
- Upgrade = Migration You should know that the distinctions between these versions are so severe, that Joomla 2.5 to 3.0 version upgrade is actually a migration. It means, that you cannot do it with a single mouse click.
- Spring Cleaning Before the upgrade, you’d better comb through your content and filter some information. It means, you should clean up some pieces of your data that are not important and essential anymore.
How to Upgrade Joomla 2.5 to 3.0?
So, you’ve estimated objectively all the privileges of the new functionality of Joomla 3.0 over your the 2.5 version features and decided to upgrade? Here are your options: create a new Joomla 3.0 installation and start from scratch, or upgrade your Joomla 2.5 website to 3.0, one of the tools for which is aisite.
It will complete your Joomla upgrade in a few easy steps with no time losses, and no coding needed. Learn more here: https://aisite.ai/cms/supported-cms/joomla-update/
Video Guide on how to Upgrade your Joomla Website
Basically, your previous Joomla website content will be moved to the new installation including: articles, categories, static pages, users, images, internal links, certain types of menu items etc.
Website Elements Available for Migration to the new Joomla version
Now you know that Joomla Upgrade 2.5 to 3.0 can be an attainable goal and a pleasant process with the right tool. Feel free to start your FREE Demo Migration with no delay to try the automated Joomla upgrade in action and make your decision!